Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Handpainted wool top

I ordered some wool top from Lorna's laces. They have very nice colors. This one is called watercolors.


I was not sure how to spin this wool, but I ended up pulling off one length that had 1 repetition of all colors and split them into smaller sections. Then I ended up with rather short sections of each colors. It spun up very nicely. It is a 1 ply yarn with some variation when it comes to thickness. I would guess it will be 4-5 mm needles that will be right for this yarn, but I am not sure.

With my umbrella swift and skein winder I ended up with this 43 grams skein. I am happy with my spinning-progress.

6 Comments:

At 5:59 PM , Blogger Strikkelise said...

Utrolig lekkert! Så flink du er blitt!!!

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger halaisa said...

Det er så spennede å følge med på utviklingen din når det gjelder spinning. Du er kjempeflink!!!!

 
At 2:20 AM , Blogger soapy said...

What YUMMY top and you spun it so nicely! I bet it's very lusious and will be wonderful socks. Colors are GREAT!

 
At 9:17 PM , Blogger Kathleen said...

The colours in that are just lovely.

 
At 11:59 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Very pretty!!

 
At 2:32 PM , Anonymous Olivia said...

Beautiful colours, you did a great job. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home