Sunday, January 15, 2006

Time for knitting socks!


Yes!!! My mittens are finished. I only need to buy some buttons for decoration.
I think they turned out really nice, and I think I will use them a lot!
But I don't believe I will make another pair sometime soon. This is not a fast knit, and you really need to be in focus all the time.

I have also knitted up my first handspun yarn. I used 8 mm needles and I most definitely can see that I have been overtwisting when spinning it. This was sort of my first lesson in spinning.


I have started a new project. I wanted to make myself some socks out of my kool-aid alpaca.
As I was sitting in the sofa our cat, Exxon, joined me. He is into knitting as well.


I am knitting the Falling leaves from Knitty. This is the first time I am knitting socks from toe and up. It is also the first time I am knitting socks with one circular needle. I have started the second repetition of the lace pattern.

3 Comments:

At 8:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flotte votter i nydelig farge.

 
At 6:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lekre hansker! :)

 
At 4:20 AM , Blogger shadowlands said...

Oooh! Your gloves are so beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home