Wednesday, November 02, 2005

My first Kool-aid yarn!

I just couldn't wait no longer, so I started winding yarn and mixing kool-aid.
Being my first attempt, I am very happy with the result. To bad I only made this one in the color-mix. It was a test, to see how it would turn out coloring pale grey alpaca. It was a nice way to not getting very bright colors.

When I did the mixing and painted the yarn I was quite worried, 'cause it looked rather awful!
It was not before it started to dry that I saw that it turned out very nice! I was so happy with the colors that I started making some more.


But I wasn't paying enough attention the first time, so the next too skeins where not colored the same way. But I used the same colors. The difference is that I have more grape and longer color-sections. But it still might look nice when knitted!
Here I am painting the second skein of grey alpaca. You can see some of the grey color that is not yet painted. Goodbye to the very boring color!

3 Comments:

At 6:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

tjihi! så gøy å se at cubus-posene kan bli brukt til så mangt:) Jobber der, og gubben blir gal av alle posene jeg drar med hjem....


Men flotte farger på garnet ditt:)

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger Strikkelise said...

I love your painted yarn! The colours are *so* beautiful! Amazing how the colours actually cover that gray.

 
At 12:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Det ble kjempeflott farge på garnet!! Akkurat sånn som jeg selv liker det, men jeg har ikke turt å prøve KoolAid'en min enda, he he.... Hva slags garn brukte du?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home