Friday, April 28, 2006

Knitting and shopping!

We have had some very nice days traveling to Stockholm and Helsinki. Most of the time we where taking it easy - doing a little sightseeing and shopping. We did not joining the party-people on the boat, when falling asleep at ten in the evening - that is what tired parents do when they take a brake. At least that is what we do. He did some reading ( he started and finished "The Da Vinci Code" of 600 pages...) and I did some knitting. I brought 3 skeins of Calmer and started knitting "Bliss" from mag #39. Three skeins was rather optimistic, 'cause I did not even finish one skein.



And then it was the shopping....I do not know how much money I spent, and I most certainly do not want to know.... In Helsinki I did not see any knitting-shops, but we found a very large book-store. They had a lot of titles but I just bought "Scarf Style" and the Crochet magazine.
In Stockholm I went to two shops. The first stop was Wincent who sell Rowan yarn. I sort of had some ideas on what to buy, but I had some difficulties deciding. The yarn I finely bought was 7 skeins Cashcotton 4 ply and 9 skeins of the new Natural Silk Aran. Then I went to Nysta and bought 4 skeins Debbie Bliss Pure silk in purple and 1 skein Colinette Giotto in a very bright pink.
I also did some shopping for my kids, our home and for skin-care. The mug and cups are from the Finnish Marimekko design. It will be great for hot summer days. I also bought a green t-shirt from marines. For the kids we bought several things with Mummin (not pictured here). We are also considering going back to Finland this summer with the kids to visit the Mumminworld.
There are a lot of Clinique here....that is because I tend to have an allergic reaction to a lot of other products. So now my skin will look just wonderful and will not get burned in the summer because I have the sun-care products in the yellow bag. Time will show how much sun we will get.....

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM , Blogger Strikkelise said...

Sounds like a great trip (I know all about the ten o'clock thing). Love your t-shirt.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home