Friday, March 23, 2007

Rocking socks and more

Two socks at the same time on one circular needle. For the toe I used 3 mm dpn and now I am knitting with 2.5 mm. They are too big for me but looks nice on my boyfriends feet. But what about the amount of yarn. The scale shows me that I have 112 grams left. That's like 4 oz - do you think I will need more yarn? I might end up with a rather short leg.

I was using my umbrella swift and ball winder last weekend when Zari figured she wanted a ride! The kids really liked that! I have done some swathing on one of the skeins - the pink angora/merino blend. It is very nice and soft when knitted on 4 mm needles. I don't know what to make out of it yet.

I did knit a lot on the camisole in Pure silk, but then the sock-kit came....I have almost finished three pattern repeats.
Some more books came....Rowan and Debbie bliss. A lot of nice patterns, but I already have to many projects on my needles. So these will end up in my book shelves for now.


The fabric for the dress also came the other day. I guess I should not be surprised when the color turned out to be different from what I toughed. On the web-shop it looks like this:
A lot brighter then the real thing! So I don't really know if it will turn out okay, but I guess it is worth a try.
And it always helps to eat some chocolate!

2 Comments:

At 2:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ya, the socks look good! I don't know about the more yarn. What size? My husband wears 10(us) and I got a full pair out of STR BUT that was with heavyweight and size 3(which I think is 3.25mm) They sure do look great. How does the two on one circular work? I do two circular and one sock. Is it the magic loop method? I like the Chamie it looks really pretty.
My cat flips out over the swift too!

 
At 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hei, flott blogg du har, hvor fant du mønsteret til strømpene, to på en pinne? Ha en flott dag! Hilsen Hanne i Houston

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home