Monday, July 17, 2006

I love yarn!

I simply love yarn. And I love patterns and accessories, too. So I have a lot of yarn and I buy more than I can ever knit up! But I know for sure that I'm not the only one. Spinning my own yarn is also very exciting, but it certainly takes time to learn how to spin nice yarn that will knit up nicely. But I am getting closer as I am practicing.

I was trying to make sock yarn and was very optimistic when I tried to make a swatch with 3 mm needles. I realized after some rows that I at least had to go up to 4 mm. The color is at least very nice, but the yarn is once again over twisted.Accessories is fun and useful. I bought myself this Lantern moon needle case for a while ago. And still I have a lot of free space in it. It is not that I don't have enough needles, but I just have not gotten to it yet.

Yesterday I finished a 1 year old UFO. A crocheted bikini in green and chocolate for my milky white body. Today the sun is gone - again, so I guess my skin will stay this white.Not a very impressive peace of work, but it is okay.

The front and back of the pullover is finished, and I am ready for sewing up and making the edgings for arms and neck. But I have a problem. The last skein of white is missing , and I don't know where it could be. So I will probably have to buy a new skein on the web.
I had a package in the mail today. Seven skeins of Rowan wool cotton for this pattern:
It is from the very beautiful Knitting nature book. I think this hexagon tank top looks gorgeous and the first time I saw it I just new that I had to make it.

In the same shipment from Get knitted I received two skeins of Opal Prisma in green and blue. So there will be more socks on my needles.And today I bought the Simply knitting magazine and one skein of alpaca .This has been a good day for a yarn lover :-)

6 Comments:

At 10:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hei, Veldig lenge sidan eg har vore innom bloggen din. Så kjempemasse fint du har laga sidan sist! Bikinien var knallfin, er også imponert over at du spinn ditt eige garn!!

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger Liv Kjersti said...

Den bikinien var kul syns eg! Håpar på ein bra sommar :-)

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger CamillaS said...

Bikinien var kjempesøt! :D Og hvorfor være brun? Heller solfaktor 30 enn griserosa! (Klok av skade.)

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I love your bikini! The colours are a very good combination, and about the green/white opal: If you like to see socks made with it: I made some for my son, pictures on my blog (scroll down a bit)

 
At 6:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 
At 11:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home