Friday, December 08, 2006

And then there was silence!

The days are passing by and I did not realize that it's been this long since I have updated my blog.
I am not going to try to explain, but in short I can say that I still have a small amount of energy to use and these last month's I have used all (and more) to handle the reconstruction of our house. We live in a house from 1928, and we are doing some major changes and upgrades. The second floor was finished less than two years ago, and now we have started with first floor. And it's a mess...and not easy to keep the 2-year old away from "the mess". But some times he has been allowed to take part. First we had to tare down everything.
And now we are seeing some progress. There will be a new kitchen here. Now the plumbing is in place and the electrician is now doing his job.
We have built up a temporarily wall so that we can keep the mess away from the rest of the area where we have to live.
I was hoping to have a new kitchen and dining are for Christmas, but it looks rather optimistic. We have had a lot of delays, so I don't think it will be finished until January. The kitchen cabinets are supposed to arrive on December 18, but I don't think we have the windows, walls and floors finished until then. So we have deadline-problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home