Friday, December 08, 2006

I still do a little knitting!


The Dale sweater for my son is almost finished. But I am not satisfied and I am considering some changes. The neck is too wide and the sweater is too long. I think I have some tension-problems....I don't feel like ripping it, so that is why I am not doing anything with it!

My daughter have made a lot of comments on my knitting and have been asking if I could make her a princess - scarf. I has been hard to understand what she really wants, so I just have to try making something. It is not a scarf, but a shawl. And I am making ruffles around it. But, what was I thinking....that's an awful lot of stitches... And I will add some flowers in purple and pink I think!
I have not bought much yarn lately, but yesterday I received this very nice yarn and pattern from Blue Moon fiber arts. They have very beautiful sock-yarn and I have now made reservation's for the 2007 spring sock-club! So I have more yarn to come.

The colors on this skein of yarn is just amazing!

This scarf is not my creation. It is a gift from my third Nordic secret pal. It is very nice and in my favorite color green! Thank you, very much. Right now I can't find the note, because of the mess in our office. So I don't remember who gave it to me.

And yesterday my last Nordic secret pall gift arrived. And what a gift....
There was a big bag of yarn - 5 skeins - 100 grams each!


Two skeins of Big wool - I have already one more in the same color and same dye-lot! So then I can make something out of 300 grams!
Two skeins of 123 Silk Tweed - one is green and one is purple. I have never tried this yarn, but it looks great, and I think it would be very nice for a cabled hat or mittens! I like the colors!
One skein of sock yarn form Austermann with Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil!!! It Should be nice for the hands to knit with this yarn. And the earth-colors are awful nice and hard to describe. The picture does not do it right!

Thank you very much fuglemamma :-)

7 Comments:

At 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeg syntes traktorgenseren ser kjempefin ut jeg! Ha en fortsatt god førjulstid

 
At 10:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stilig genser! :)

 
At 12:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear knitter,
I am Catharina from Brazil,how are you?
I love that red and pink socks that you are making,can you tell me where i can find that pattern?I think will be very nice knit the 2 at same time -;)
Have a nice day!
Catharina Paoliello

 
At 8:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Det var hyggelig å se at pakken har kommet vel frem (litt dårlig innpakket...) og falt i smak! Og ekstra morsomt at jeg faktisk kunne supplere et garn du allerede hadde liggende, det er jo litt av et sammentreff! Kos deg med det hele;-) Hilsen Fuglemamma www.fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no

 
At 9:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so oucky with those swaps! I know many peope who are not!
Well, you have so many reasons to knit with all those gorgeous yarn!

 
At 11:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God jul! :)

 
At 3:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Et riktig kreativt godt nyttår ønsker jeg deg!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home