Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

I am still here! It's been rather hectic these last weeks. As usual I was a bit late starting with the preparations for Christmas. And this year we for the first time had guests at our house for the Christmas Eve dinner. Unfortunately we had a not so welcoming guest showing up two days before the big day. It was the Noro Virus! First out was the daddy, and on the Christmas Eve it was our son. So he missed both the dinner and opening presents. Then early morning on December 26 it was my turn and the same day also my daughter got ill. Two days ago was the first day all of us was feeling OK. And what happened with our guests. Well they came and had a great time on Christmas Eve, but 3 out of 4 of them got the virus, too, I am afraid. Oh, well that can happen! And now we are all just fine and really looking forward to the Fireworks.

And now, there has not been as much spinning and knitting as I was hoping for, but I have done a little knitting. I am working on the Log Cabin blanket and I have made a neck warmer for my son.I just knitted this without a pattern. Here is some info about it:
Yarn: Lornas Laces Swirl DK
Color: Lakeview
Needles: 3.75 mm circular for the rib and 4 mm double pointed for the raglan front and back
Casted on 72 sts.

I also made these two cat mouses that I sent as a Christmas gift for my sisters cats. They have been knitted with some yarn I have spun.

The coming year is going to be very exciting I think. I am in good shape and have big plans for the coming months.

I wish you all a Happy New Year!

3 Comments:

At 9:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Godt nyttår til deg og. Håper dere er kvitt slemme virus for de neste månedene nå. Ha et fint spinneår.

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Cloudberry said...

Innom og ønsker deg et godt og kreativt nytt år!!

 
At 5:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Godt kreativt nytt år! Flott bilde av smånissar!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home