Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Spinning fun with colors!

I have done some more spinning. Who knows what happens with Christmas this year...there will be nothing but wool for decorations this year :-) The Concord colored marino-silk yarn came out very nice. It is light fingering - almost lace weight yarn. 59 grams and 210 meters with about 16 WPI.


It is very hard to describe the color. I t is blue with purple and some silver spots, I think. Very different and pretty. Will be interesting to try out a lace pattern with this.

So I have been spinning so much that our cat figured she just had to jump in on my lap while I was spinning. She probably loves the movement, but it makes it a bit harder for me to spin!


Have I had some fun with colors or what? This is the hand painted BFL I bought on Etsy a month ago. I split the roving into about 8 pieces and spun onto two bobbins. I used my slow flyer with the 7.5:1 ratio.

Then I plied it on my Jumbo flyer with 3.5:1 ratio, but that was a bit too slow. I had to treadle fast to get enough twist! But it sure gave me a larger skein.


This is the finished skein, washed and dried and re-skeined. It gave 107 grams and approximately 157 meters with 10 WPI.

I am spinning on my drop spindles, too. They are great for testing new fibers. This is my first go on Soysilk!


And while I was doing some moving around things here, I found some of the Norwegian wool I bought a while ago. When I spun with it I soon realised there was a lot of lanolin in it. My fingeres got very nice and soft :-)

5 Comments:

At 5:26 PM , Blogger Rødhetta said...

Hei;)
Takk for hilsen i bloggen min.
Gottlandsfår skinn kan du sikkert kjøpe hos Britt Solheim www.skinnfell.no Så går det ann å kjøpe pelssau skinn fra Granberg garveri og Roars pelsindustri.
Blir helt målløs over garnet som du spinner, må være ekstra artig og laga noe av eget spunnet garn!

 
At 10:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ojojoj, så utruleg mykje kjekt det var her inne sidan sist eg var innom! Nå må eg rett og slett gå litt tilbake i arkivet slik at eg får med meg alt. Du er jo kjempeflink til å spinne, garbet ser utruleg fint ut!!! Klem frå Linda

 
At 12:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Det er så gøy å lese om spinning på bloggen din. Jeg lærer noe nytt hver gang. Og jeg vet hvem jeg skal sende en PM neste gang jeg kommer til Trondheim ;-)
Ønsker deg og dine en riktig god jul!

 
At 12:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Åssen greide jeg å bli anonym da jeg postet dette?

 
At 5:21 PM , Blogger Gro Marte said...

Så artig å lese bloggen din!! Visste ikke at du drev med slikt! Jeg har tatt opp igjen strikkinga nå - har jo bedre tid nå som ungene begynner å bli større! Veldig inspirerende å se bildene dine!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home