Friday, October 12, 2007

Wollmeise yarn, Oktoberrosa and snow!


What a surprise - I am building up my stash - for the winter maybe?
This is my first Wollmeise yarn. And there is some more coming

These Selbu mittens was made by Kicki for the Oktoberrosa auction 2007. I ended up winning them - lucky me! The money from the auction will go to supporting Breast Cancer research.

The pattern can be found in the same book as for the girl mittens I am making. They have been knit in Rauma 2 tr. gammelserie strikkegarn.

I guess we need warm mittens these days. We had a small amount of snow coming yesterday.


Some of us was more happy about it than others. She wanted to make a snowman.
A bit early for that, but I can really feel the need for warm socks, mittens and hats.

So I have finished the first mitten (except the thumb) . I am not really happy with it. The pattern says it is a size 5-7 years, but it is very close fit for my daughter. She likes it like this, but I am worried for what will happen when they get wet. Pattern call for 2 mm, I used 2.5 mm but my gauge is still a bit tight. Maybe I will need to try 3 mm. Yes, I know I should have made a swatch.

I have also done some sock-knitting, but I have really been messing up the thing doing one mistake after the other. Finally I had to rip it two pattern repeats. That is not so fun when you are doing two socks at the same time! But now at least I am on the right track.

3 Comments:

At 2:46 PM , Blogger Eva said...

Gratulerer med din Wollmeise! Gled deg til å strikke med det :)

 
At 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heia, og takk for sist. Vottene til jenta di ser kjempefine ut. Skjønner godt at hun liker de. Håper du hadde det fint på spinnetreffet, og at dere har lagt planer for høsten som innbefatter resten av oss, he he.

 
At 2:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. I came across it looking for Wollmeise yarn. It's hard to find in the US. I've never seen such rich colors! The mittens are beautiful! Happy knitting :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home