Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Knitting and ravelry!

Finlay I got the invitation I have been waiting for. I am now a member of Ravelry.
I have the same name there as well.


So I finished the hat. I tread Gjestal Silja and 1 tread Du store alpakka Babysilk worked out pretty well. It is a good idea to use solid an multicolored yarn together. In this hat I used a solid dark blue Babysilk that matched the darkest blue in Silja. This gave me a darker color than if I had just used the multi yarn alone. I also could have made it lighter by mixing with the lightest blue. I will try this again for sure.


When I saw the Firestarter pattern, I realized that I had to cast on a pair of socks. I did not think I would like my last Rocking sock club yarn. But now I have changed my mind. The colors looks great. In the free pattern over at Loopy Ewe there is a picture of these colors, too. This time I definitely wanted to knit both socks at the same time. I really do not like to start on sock number two.
I had just started on the socks when my daughter came to me and asked if I could knit her mittens. Since I had just bought the Selbustrikk- magazine I was not too hard to convince. I found some pink alpaca from Du store alpakka and casted on. Selbuvotter is very pretty, but I am struggling with color-patterns. It is so hard not to pull the tread to tight.


I have done some progress on my Kidsilk project this weekend. Am I looking forward to wearing this? You bet I do! I love the colors and the yarn.
I have started spinning again. Have been thinking about it for a long time now. Rhonna over at Trenchwork was asking if someone would like to start up a spin-group here in Trondheim. Then spinning all of a sudden got very tempting. I thought I was the only one around here spinning yarn. I started out with some silk/merino fiber, but soon realized it was a bit too hard to start with. So I found some Ashland Bay Corindale in purple, blue, read and white. The colors was not very nice in the wool-tops, but it sure looked nice when spun and plied. It is most certainly not a balanced yarn, but it was not too bad. It has been a while since last time, and I feel like I got better pretty fast.


So today I did a bit more. This time I grabbed the silk/merino again. It sure is harder, but I think I managed pretty well. Will need to spin another bobbin before I make a 2 ply.

2 Comments:

At 6:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woooot! Spinningen ser fint ut! Velkommen tilbake til "mørke siden". ;-)

 
At 11:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Så fint du spinner! Ser veldig fint ut det du strikker, og jeg gleder meg til å se hva det blir.
Nydelige farger og garn :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home