Thursday, November 22, 2007

Spinning adventure and more!

Thank you all for the comments in my last post. There has been little time in front of my computer lately. I went to Lillehammer this last weekend for a spinning class. It was just perfect and I learned a lot and had a great time together with all these enthusiastic spinners. The people at Spinnvilt are very nice and our instructor, Tove, is a very experienced and talented spinner. I tried to pick up as much knowledge as possible.

This is some bouclé yarn made from Mohair, a sewing machine tread and a thin handspun merino. It was so much fun and I am happy with the result. But I had some difficulties with the yarn getting stuck when spinning it.

Here are some more spun yarn. I will need some more practice before I can handle all the methods. It is so amazing how much you can create with a spinning wheel. There are a lot of possibilities. If you would like to find out more, take a look on Toves blog.
Shopping in Lillehammer was very limited. I had to buy something for my kids off course. The only thing for me was this 2008 callendar from Norges Husflidslag. There are one pattern for each month of the year. Oh, I am sorry, almost forgot that I bought some spinning supplies. I will have to take pictures later. It is some acid dyes, wool-cambs, Majacraft Diz and some exotic fibers (soya, bamboo, tencel, ramie...)

Before I went to Lillehammer I finished my third Foliage hat in a child size. Again I am using Wollmeise yarn. To get a smaller hat I used worsted weight yarn, but followed the instructions for the bulky yarn version in the pattern. It is a tight fit, so I could have made it with a larger needles.

Last week I also received another knitting gadget. Its a Knitzi! The perfect storage solution for socks in progress on double pointed needles.
Two days ago another package from far away arrived! More yarn I am afraid :-)
It is a Ravelry-friend, Katrina, that was so nice and bought some yarn for me at the Blue Moon Fiber Art sale. Five skeins of Socks that rock medium weight in very pretty colors. And two skeins in a "grab bag" that I don't know what is. I have never seen anything like it. The shiny one is a ribbon yarn but thinner than I have ever seen before. The other one looks like brushed leather that have been cut in a paper shredder...well it is hard to describe. I will try to knit it to see what happens :-)
Thank you for shopping for me, Katrina!

So what is this? It is my ongoing started-project-without-thinking-nightmare!
A local quilt-store announced a workshop for making a Advent calendar. There is an awful lot of stitching for this project, and I am very, very fed up. But no way this is going to be another UFO. Next Wednesday is our last workshop so I have to finish all the stitching and cutting buy then. And I want it to be finished before December 1! So If I am not blogging so much the next week, you know why!

4 Comments:

At 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, oi, oi, der var det mye stitching ja, men du ser ut for å være ferdig snart. Flinke damen! Og så mye flott garn du har handlet.

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger randi K design said...

Du holder på med litt av hvert ser jeg! Spinning har jeg aldri prøvd. Har en gammel rokk, men vet ikke om alle delene er der....
Takk for besøk frresten! Reinsdyr steik høres bare deilig ut. Var nettopp hjemme en ukes tid, og det jeg hadde mest lyst på var reinsdyrsteik, og det var sikkert ikke sesong, fordi ingen restauranter hadde...
her er link til "pinnekjøtt"
http://www.matprat.no/artikkel.aspx?artid=7822
Ha en fin Thanksgiving! Vi spiser kalkun idag...

 
At 12:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Så morsomt å se fra spinnekurset, gleder meg til å få prøve selv. Er spent på adventskalenderen. jeg har kjøpt mønstret, men det blir ikke iår.

 
At 5:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mest lyst på vaHar en gammel rokk, men vet ikke om aller reinsdyrsteik, og det var sikkert iksteik høreske sesong,fordi ingen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home