Thursday, February 28, 2008

A 107 year long life has come to an end!


My mother said "we can´t expect having her around forever", but somehow she has become the one we always expected to have around. When my great grandmother turned 100 years old we had a big party for her and thought it was amazing she had turned the 100. Then the years went by and she had her 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 and 106th birthday. I was lucky to go visit her this past summer, together with my kids and parents. It was just amazing meeting her again. She still had a good sense of humor and a very charismatic personality. According to an article in the newspaper in 2004, she had 33 greatgreatgrandchildren. Above is a picture of her from July 2007 next to her granddaughter (my mother) and one of her greatgreatgranddaughter (my daughter).
And here is a picture of me, the kids and the amazing 106 year old Hilda. I am very thankful for having her around for such a long time. A bit sad that she has spoken her last words, but happy for her because she was very tired now. Thank you for all the good years, greatgrandma!

After that it is a bit hard to go back to the crafts. But here is a picture of my new spinning wheel. I will talk more about it later.

And her is a picture of my daughter hiding behind a skein of yarn I have dyed. She wanted me to start knitting from it right away.

3 Comments:

At 3:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a loss, I wish you strength to coop with it. Amazing to have such a strong woman in your family!

 
At 6:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kondolerer.

 
At 7:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Så trist,men jeg er også litt imponert over aldreren, tenk å være så heldig å få beholde en sånn ressurs for familien i så mange år. Skjønner godt at det blir et stort savn etter henne.Klem

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home