Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Fitted knitting - not a perfect start!

It is that time of year - This is the closest thing we got to Easter decoration in our house. But I really liked it! I hope you all have a nice holiday. Right now I look at the heavy rain outside my windows. Not the best weather for a Norwegian Easter, but then there is always knitting :-)

So everything looked okay with my turtleneck, until I suddenly realised that I had done too many increases. How could that be - it did not look like the upper front was long and wide enough. Then I did a count on my stitches and rows. I had 22 sts and 34 rows on 4X4 inch. Ups....It should have been 18 sts and 24 rows! And I did a swatch that looked right....I guess I must have used some other needles and knitted less tight.


Not the best start. And then I just wanted to knit on a different project. So now I am down to the waist on the boatneck. But look at this....the ribbed columns are starting too soon. A new gauge check - 19 sts and 26 rows. It should have been 18 and 24. I think I will do a little changes here....if I don't change my mind.


I also had to untangle some of the yarn - a little white kitten had some fun with my yarn!

2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about all the frogging and untagling but the tulips are gourgeous. We have snow here!! Hope you have a good Holiday too.

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger Svetlana said...

Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I had to use much smaller needles to get the gauge. Make sure to try it on before you start lower part of the vest. After you are done with ribbing, you wouldn't want to rip it back. Those ribbings are BORING!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home