Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A new book and some more yarn!

Today I received two things in the mail. Yarn for the Textured tunic in Fitted knits and this book:I was very curious about this brand new book. It did not really take my breath away at first glance, but there are a lot of nice patterns for men and women in it. And at least one pattern made my blood pump faster. "Intoxicating" on page 55 is a stunning mosaic and lace sweater in pure silk. The colors are just so very much me. And the name on the green color - birches in Norway - is so lovely. It really looks a lot like the leaves on Norwegian birch, too.


Because I had never heard about this yarn, I googled it up. This yarn is really luscious...$ 49 a skein - and for the smalest size in this pattern you will need 5 skeins. In Norwegian kroner $245 will be around kr 1500.

Some nice, but less expensive design - this is Cables and Os on page 107 in a cotton and linen yarn.I also thought Eileen on page 43 was quit - it is knit in Euroflax - 100% linen. The front is stockinette sts and the back is in lace.
Sari likes to sleep in my arms, and inside my wool sweater was also comfortable for a while.

I took some new pictures of the boatneck. The cat was trying to block the view so I had to grab her before the timer on the camera went off. Maybe it won't look so bad after all....with arms it will probably look a lot better - I hope so.

5 Comments:

At 11:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, så mye flott du fikk i posten. Genseren i silke var flott, men dyr ja. Og jeg tror genseren som pt er uten armer kommer til å bli fin jeg!

 
At 4:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Den boka så kjempefin ut, jeg sitter og blar i Knitting Nature nå, den var i min postkasse idag. Ja, og Knitting on the Road, kjekt med nye bøker.

 
At 11:35 PM , Blogger Adrienne said...

NIce!!! I would love to see how you like No Sheep for you.

 
At 1:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the color for the fitted knits tunic. I think the sweater looks great!

 
At 3:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I just thought you might be interested to know that I ran across a blog where I think she is working on lace back tank. You might want to look at it she has done a lovely job http://knittingbetty.blogspot.com/.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home