Pirate pants finished!
It is Mai 1 today and the "workers day " in Norway. So we are having a quite day at home. Last night I finished the Pirate pants for my son. I had some issues with the sewing machine and tomorrow I will take it to the Husqvarna shop to get it fixed. I plan to sew a lot and need a machine that works.Pattern: Designed by La Møf for the Magazine "Kreative kvinner" nr. 4 April 2007.
Fabric: Dark denim. Also need vlieseline, thread and buttons.
Size: 110 (they are supposed to be shorter).
I am very happy with the fit! And the instructions was okay to follow. There was one error, but it was pretty obvious. I am planning to make more of these in different fabrics and colors.
When I wanted to take pictures I first had to play a paparazzi, because he was just running away, but when I but him one the table he started posing...or at least dancing. The back pockets still need buttons. I need to buy some. Maybe some soccer-balls!
I really like the shape on the hem, and this is where I have used the interfacing (vlieseline).
They are curving in the opposite directions at front and back. I was kind of worried this was going to be hard to sew, but it wasn't.
I have winded up my Rocking sock yarn. First I had to take pictures of the different colors on the Umbrella swift. Browns and greens.
Brown, lilac and green.
Green, purple, brown and lilac.
But when it was made into a ball the colors was a total mess! I have been swatching a little and I am not sure what to do with this yarn yet. I was thinking a Chevron scarf, but maybe I will end up making socks after all!